Aims of International Growers Standards Organization (IGSO)
- Gather and build up a group of Good Growers
- Set up standards and accreditation schemes for growers and agricultural products
- Hinder any counterfeit, fake labels and unauthorized planting methods
- Provide knowledge and training for strengthening both the technical and moral aspects of growers
- Create an open and fair market for the public to identify good growers and to understand quality agricultural products
Certification of Growers
IGSO sets up “Good Growers Charter” to evaluate against the performance of growers. Good Growers, depending on the accomplishment of the charter are divided into 3 different classes: 60%, 80% and 100% fulfillment.
Certification of Agricultural Products
IGSO sets up Technical Board to govern the overall set up and review of standards for agricultural products. The standards for each agricultural product divided by origin are set up by relevant academics and industrial leaders together.